Mr. Zed is awesome at picking out gifts. So awesome, in fact, that I’ve been known to just tell him to go pick out something nice for his birthday, and tell me about it later. I’m trying to get better at it! If the dad in your life loves to travel, here are a few great gift ideas.
1. A travel hoodie. This one from SCOTTeVEST has 21 (yes, that says twenty one) pockets that can hold Dad’s passport, phone, sunglasses…even a full sized tablet. Thumb holes in the wrists and a pull-down sleep mask in the hood make this the perfect attire for that long-haul or redeye flight. I am obsessed with pockets–so much so that my wedding dress even had pockets. Luckily, these hoodies also come in ladies styles (hint hint, Mr. Zed).
2. A Dopp kit. Not just a boring toiletry bag. A nice leather Dopp kit. I like this one from eBags for its wide-hinged top, so everything inside is easily visible and accessible when it’s on the countertop. This may actually be the last gift I personally picked out for Mr.Zed, for our third anniversary. That was four years ago. I figured I’d quit while I was ahead, because he really liked it.
3. Noise-cancelling headphones. At $349, these Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones are a bit of a splurge, but totally worth it. They’re comfortable, the sound quality is excellent, and the noise-cancelling feature is so good that if you were to put them on, you couldn’t even hear your kids saying, “Mom Mom Mom Mom Mommmmmmm!” in the next room. I promise. Bonus: these wireless headphones offer up to 20 hours of battery life.
4. A leather cord wallet. No more tangled mess of cables in your bag. This one from Rustico is an attractive option, and very affordable at $36. Simply tuck in your cables, roll it up, toss it in your carry-on, and you’re ready to roll. Don’t need an entire cord wallet? How about a cord taco from CB2? Because really, who doesn’t love tacos, in any and all forms?
5. A multi-port charger. This is perfect for a guy who’s into gadgets. When outlets are scarce and he has to charge his phone, watch, tablet, and camera, this charger from Anker will save the day. One outlet, four USB ports. Problem solved.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to share this post with Mr.Zed so he can buy himself something nice.